In looking through our recently donated 1891 catalog from the Buckeye Buggy Co., we find this description of the factory:

“We have 3.5 acres of the finest factory buildings in Ohio, situated on High Street (our principal business thoroughfare), immediately north of the Union Depot. We have the best arranged carriage-making plant in the country, being constructed from the ground up for a MODEL carriage factory. Each department is in a separate building, and arranged with the greatest convenience and economy for carrying on the carriage business. As we have twice built carriage factories from the ground up, we were competent to know what was necessary, and such plan was better than the usual way of adding from year to year, and placing new building where they could be and not where they should be, convenience not being considered. Our factory consists of six separate buildings, all brick but one, giving us many acres of floor space. We can finish each day thirty vehicles, and can load three [railroad] cars at once direct from our packing room. We show 150 vehicles in our repository on one floor alone. Our buildings now all being separate, we do not expect that any fire can materially damage and delay our business to any extent.”

The company’s factory and repository were in this location from 1882 until 1910.

.

Here, a light Curtain Rockaway for one horse …

.

.